Hello everyone, I’m Manish, today i will be sharing with you all that how can someone get a gun license in india. Let me tell whether you know it or not. The Arms rule(1962) and The arms act(1959) of india does not allow fabricate, ownership, deal, procurement, import, export, and transport of guns and ammunition unleSs under a permit and is a precise procedure. Well, Civilians with a license are only allowed to buy Non- prohibited bore guns.
3 Reason to require a gun
There are lots of people who purchase guns for a purpose of collections which are only allowed in special cases and which are not operative at all. You also need to provide a strong reason for self-defence and also you must have filed an FIR before you apply for gun license.
Those people who work as security and guarding agencies can also get guns but can only use them while working and also not allowed to carry with them. The rules are strict for them to get a license.
How To Apply For Gun License In India ?
Needs before applying for gun license in india:
- You are at least 21 years old and a tax paying citizen of the country.
- Your justification to own a gun should be strong.
- Your mental and physical is sound.
So now, you can apply. You can get the application form from the District Superintendent of Police of the particular state, or online through the official government websites.
After receiving your application, the police will do background check to confirm if there are any past records in criminal activity or any case against you.
The police will visit to the address provided by you to confirm your living conditions and inquire your neighbors about your family’s attitude towards them and each other.
DCP will also take an interview of the person who has applied for the gun license.
After all, DCP sends the reports to the criminal branch and the National Crime Record Bureau.
Later, the Indian Government introduced a safety training program to train you in properly in handling a gun.
The DCP has the rights to say “NO” for your license since a gun is not considered a fundamental right for the citizens in India. Even if you get a license, it will only be valid in the particular district or state as stated in condition signed. Licenses which are valid nationally are issued in few cases, and that too only upon strong and valid reason.
You cannot carry a gun into the public places its strictly prohibited and need to submit your guns during the election to the nearest police station.
A license is only valid for three years after which you have to immediately renew it to continue or give off your weapon or legally you can sell it to someone else with the license.
To Apply For Gun License
- Apply at Indian Ordnance Factory by filling a form.
- You need to submit a copy of your license
- Two copies of No objection certificate one for the factory owner and one copy for Police authorities.
- Temporary Journey Permit which is provided by Police/Licensing Authorities of the place where the factory is located. If you are picking up directly from the factory and the factory does not lie in the area allocated to you in the license.
- In case your license is valid for all India or for the state where the factory is located, and then NOC & T.J.P. are not required.
- It takes about two to three months to receive the arms license.
Hope you guys have got knowledge on how to purchase a gun license in india. Its a legal way to purchase a gun from government/authority from india.